A year passed in the blink of an eye. I’m in the middle of planning baby’s first birthday party, and getting back into the swing of things in the office. I’m lucky that I like my work and that I’ve been looking forward to it. Being home with a baby can be incredibly isolating. As much as I miss the little bean while I’m away, it’s such a relief to have time to collect my thoughts, eat lunch without rushing, and talk to adults.
I have so many things I’d like to do this year that I know I won’t get to them all but this is what it looks like so far.
- January I’m focusing on getting my dayjob schedule on track. It’s a big adjustment with childcare to consider, and waking up at an ungodly hour to get to work early enough to leave earlier. In the meantime I can also try fitting reading into the schedule somewhere. I have a long commute so audio books might be good.
- February I’d like to pick a project to work on. I’ve got two novels battling it out in my brain, and I need to do some brainstorming and outlining to see which one has the most meat on the bones.
- March to December, draft draft draft! I’ll need to figure out where to squeeze in the writing time. It might have to wait until the little bean is asleep. (Please God let her be sleeping better by then…)
- May is the Creative Ink Fest. I’ll be volunteering. I’ll see you there local writer friends!
- June is tentatively 4th St. Fantasy. I’m hoping I can swing it this year. I’ve been so out of the loop it would be nice to catch up with people and do at least one con this year.
That looks like a plan, yes?