Today it’s almost 2 years since I began this blog. Where does time go?! I could sit here and look at all my goals at the outset, and how they turned out, but no, instead, I’d like to take a little time to count a few things I’m grateful for.
In no particular order:
- There was sunshine yesterday! Blue skies for once, instead of the usual overcast.
- I’ve finished a novel. *blinks* I’ve finished a novel, and I’m halfway through a draft of a second. It’s not impossible!
- My apartment is warm and cozy despite the cold weather.
- I sold my first short story.
- That my laptop has not crashed yet. I work it hard, the poor baby.
- I enjoy my job. I may work with rather dry subject matter, but it’s still writing. (I get paid for this??)
- All of YOU. Blog buddies, internet readers, who comment and who do not. Thank you for reading, and making me feel like part of a writing community, not so alone in trying to do this. You regularly inspire me to keep writing.
- The brave souls who volunteered to beta read. A million thanks. I can’t say it enough.
- That E has been volunteering to cook more often.
- The colors of autumn, and the woody smells of the season.
- The internet. Don’t know how to format a manuscript? No problem…
- Glorious stomachs pressed together, warm, smile inducing, lung emptying, bear hugs.
- Soy vanilla lattes. My stomach is very pleased to make your acquaintance.
What’s one thing you’ve been thankful for lately?