It’s so easy to get caught up in being busy, that we can forget the simple things. Inspired by Lua, here’s a list of the the small things that make me happy.
- Sunshine. That’s all it takes to make me smile. If the sun is out I always feel like it’s going to be a good day, but even if it turns out to be rotten, it doesn’t seem so bad if it’s sunny.
- The smell of libraries: paper, book binding, coffee… writer’s heaven.
- Blog comments. Thank you!! xoxo 🙂
- The feel of pens on paper. Some pens glide effortlessly, other pens create a satisfying scratch against the page.
- Being so engrossed in a good book that I lose track of time.
- Getting an unexpected call/e-mail from a friend.
- Days where I have no plans to do anything – so rare!
- Hugs! Laugh inducing, bear-huggy, exuberant, joyful hugs.
- Finding the perfect name for a character in a story.
- Peanut butter cookies.
What makes you happy?